Our client is a FinTech company using proprietary technology and leveraging on Mobile Money to offer employees affordable salary advances.
They seek to appoint a suitably qualified & dedicated individual to assume the responsibility of Debt Collector.
The position will report to the Head of Credit & Risks and will undertake locating customers and securing payment of charged-off accounts and qualifying accounts while maintaining good customer relations with borrowers and effectively solves problems in an effort to resolve account delinquency and prevent losses.
- Possess investigative techniques and processes to identify the true reason for delinquency.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively both verbally and written.
- Prepare and/or process documents; review for accuracy and completeness; update information and/or evaluate against policy.
- Maintains up-to-date customer contact information in the collections systems.
- Required to initiate external contact with customers and may perform advanced loss prevention activities.
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Contact customers via outbound/inbound phone calls and other means of communication to secure. balance of debt by negotiating payment terms and methods.
- Utilize various means of skip tracing to locate customers.
- Record and update full and complete account information to aid in account resolution.
- Negotiate re-payment with debtors by form of payment in full, settlements and / or payment arrangements.
- Follow up on promise to pay and payment commitment accounts to ensure a positive resolution and client satisfaction.
- Meet monthly collection targets as assigned by management.
- Degree in Business Related Studies
- CPA Qualified
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in unsecured or sub-prime debt collections is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Strong written, verbal, active listening and phone communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
Remuneration: An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Please send as your CV in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Indicate the job title on the subject.