Our client is a FinTech company using proprietary technology and leveraging on Mobile Money to offer employees affordable salary advances.
They seek to appoint a suitably qualified & dedicated individual to assume the responsibility of Head of Credit & Risks.
The position will report to the CEO and will oversee all aspects of the credit and risk analytics function across the Company’s platform.
In summary, the role is charged with the below:
- Leadership: Manage the Credit and Risk Analytics team with a goal of developing and attracting top-tier, diverse talent
- Risk Orientation: Drive performance of the credit and fraud-fighting team
- Modeling/Underwriting: Partner with Data Science to drive credit model performance
- Manage the credit and analysis for new customers based on the available information including financial statements, external information agencies among others.
- Set and monitor credit limits and acceptable terms for all customers based on available information and market demands in close cooperation with Marketing & Sales.
- Decide where it is appropriate / necessary to seek risk mitigation through secured payments, guarantees and/or credit insurance.
- Manage the periodic re-review process to ensure in-house credit information is up to date and limits are in line with each customer’s current situation.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to obtain securities where applicable while still maintaining good customer relationships.
- Provide leadership and direction to the credit and risk function.
- Ensure that the credit process, policies and activities fall within the parameters of the company’s policies and standards and legislation.
- 7+ years unsecured consumer credit experience, including experience driving credit strategy
- 4 of those years in management of highly quantitative teams, including credit analytics, data science, and/or statistics
- Deep understanding of unsecured consumer credit as well as extensive knowledge of credit analytics, financial modeling, and effective risk management practices
- Some experience developing and implementing fraud and credit abuse prevention and detection programs Track record of spearheading successful geographical and/or product expansion efforts
- Experience with Android app technology or telecom
- Experience working in high-growth, dynamic environments with the ability to adapt to change and re-prioritize
Remuneration: An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Please send as your CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate the job title on the subject.