Section: Fountain Schools
Job Title: Teacher – ECDE
Job Category: B
Reports To: The Principal
Location / Branch: Tigoni / Mwea
Job Summary: To facilitate lessons in a classroom set up.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children’s basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their clothes in case they soil themselves.
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Supervise children while in the school transport to ensure their safety, make sure they are picked and dropped at the right stage
- Perform any other duty or task assigned by the school’s administration
Key Deliverables of this position
- Proper planned lesson
- Timely covered syllabus
- Participation in extra curriculum activities
Direct Reports: None
- Local authorities
- Diploma in Teaching