Head Chef for a Contemporary Restaurant in Nairobi
Our client, owners of a contemporary Restaurant in Nairobi, is looking for an experienced Head Chef with International experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating quality menus and be able to professionally manage outdoor catering events.
He/She must be stress resilient and have a very flexible approach.
He/she will be involved in the training of a local team to a high standard and will create innovative and creative menus.
Experience in a Fine Dining / Contemporary environment is a MUST as well as International experience!
- Develop and apply standard operating procedures
- Ensure that Food cost levels are maintained as specified in the budget
- Develop and create new a la carte, buffet menus
- Prepare proper recipe costing for all menu items
- Ensure consistency in food production
- Be responsible for all production of food items for guests and staff
- Follow new trends in food production
- Responsible to keep all equipment in good working order
- Ensure that cleanliness and hygiene of the workplace and the staff are always of the highest standard
- Recruiting and regularly train the kitchen staff
- Attend management meetings
- Hold regular staff meetings with the kitchen staff
- Meet guests dining in the restaurant during meal times
- Write Weekly and Monthly reports as requested
Qualifications / skills:
- Degree from a reputable institution or relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 years of Chef experience working in an upmarket restaurant
- A passion for good food
- Proficiency in high volume retail with P&L accountability
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Have excellent English communication skills both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Monthly gross salary: KES 150’000 – 200’000 – depending on experience.
Deadline: 4th of June 2017
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2qGa6La
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***