Duma Works is recruiting for a Project Manager in Uganda for our client who is a high impact organisation that seeks to build better future for rural families by creating for them a healthy living home.
- Manage sales visits to approximately 1,500 potential customers;
- Manage operations related to the building of at least 500 floors in Uganda;
- Manage a team of masons, sales people and others in selling and building the floors;
- Conduct material tests and floor assessments to ensure that all floors built meet quality standards
- Manage the client’s relationship with partner organizations within Uganda;
- Work with universities in Uganda and the United States to coordinate an impact study;
- Work with an NGO in Uganda to coordinate the offering and distribution of loans.
Recruitment and Hiring
- Recruit and hire a team of masons and sales people to conduct operations within Uganda;
- Oversee the training of this team in the skills necessary to carry out their jobs.
- 2 years+ of work experience;
- Some understanding of budget/ financial management;
- Civil engineering or structural background will be an added advantage;
- Experience with fast-growing social ventures;
- Management skills, with some experience with impact evaluation and academic economics research will be an added advantage;
- Ability to speak Luganda
- Ability to Manage teams;
- Excellent analytical skills, including excel modelling;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Strong understanding of accounting, budget management, and financial management;
- Hard working and gritty to push through challenges; thrives in a bootstrapped culture;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments;
- Multitasking ability;
- Mature and poise under stress;
- Entrepreneurial attitude, creative problem solver, patient team-player with a sense of humour.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2843”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2843 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 31 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.