The Heritage Insurance Company Kenya Limited is a leading provider of general Insurance. The company has an extensive network of branches and a regional footprint.
The company works with key partners such as Brokers and other intermediaries to serve a wide a client base.
A position as arisen within the Company’s credit management section to provide strategic leadership ¡n credit management.
Job Title: Head of Credit Management
Reporting To: General Manager – Finance & Administration
Main Purpose of the Job: This is a strategy role responsible for management of Company’s credit risk in line with the Insurance Act and the credit policy as amended from time to time.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Executing strategic initiatives aimed at reducing the credit exposure to the business.
- Management of cross functional relationship affecting premium records.
- Constant review and improvement of existing processes linked to credit management.
- Regular feedback to senior management and recommendations for improvements.
- Constant interaction with all stakeholders to manage the consequence of uncollected premiums
- Full compliance to credit management policy, and if necessary recommendation for change due to changes in legal and operating environment.
- Staff development and training on debt management.
- Referral of uncollected debt to debt collection agencies, managing legal action and reference to the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)