The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the
exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Somalia Delegation ¡n Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia.
The ICRC Somalia delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and motivated person to fill the position of:
Risk Management Unit (RMU) Call Centre Officer
The Risk Management Unit (RMU) Call Centre Officer (Kenyan based Resident/National position) is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Call Centre, drafting written reports on various verification assignments and contributing to the design and implementation of adequate methodologies.
He/she will perform the following duties:
- Develops a work plan for the Call Centre and contributes to the prioritization of the Call Centre’s assignments;
- Ensures registration data and project timelines are provided by the various departments;
- Determines the methodology for each Call Centre and provides solutions to the Call Centre’s challenges;
- Determines human resources needs and proactively seeks to source new/additional daily Call Centre assistants;
- Performs analysis of generated data and provides summary reports for dissemination;
- Develops and reviews data collection methodologies and tools;
- Develops a training manual for the Call Centre assistants on telephone survey methodologies;
- Identifies training needs for himself/herself and those under his/her supervision;
- Interprets and translates documents accurately from English to Somali and vice versa, as required; and
- Advises on culture, politics, general situation and shares relevant information related to the context.