Employment Opportunity: Consultant Pharmacist
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
International Medical Corps is recruiting a Consultant Pharmacist for a 10-day period.
Job Summary: The Pharmacist will be responsible for reviewing and interpreting physical orders on medications.
- Participate in a vendor prequalification exercise
- Undertake physical visits on premises and warehouses of selected vendors
- Interview vendors as per IMC questionnaire
- Review warehousing standards, identifying weaknesses and strengths
- Verify compliance of vendors with Kenya laws as regulated by the pharmacy board of Kenya the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections;
- Study existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions in reference to pharmacy.
Skills & Requirements:
- Degree in Pharmacy
- At least 5 years of experience working as a pharmacist or related field
- Demonstrated experience being responsible for ensuring that there are systems and internal controls in place to effectively manage, monitor and report on drugs.
- Member of the pharmacy board of Kenya
- Ability to research and analyze medical literature including drug information, disease status, and clinical practice guidelines
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills required. Kiswahili preferred.