Job in Kenya: Care Assistant
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is seeking to recruit Care Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
To provide care to clients under guidance of the nurse, clinical officer and the Center Manager
- Prepares and serves refreshments for staff and clients at agreed times or as directed by the team leader.
- Provides clients’ personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding clients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning clients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- To support clients through the provision of vocal local techniques during procedures
To provide other services that seek to promote the image of the organization
- Ensures cleanliness of the entire facility by cleaning as instructed by the team leader or other supervisors
- Follows all aspects of the infection prevention protocol and assist in Infection
- Prevention activities as directed by the Team Leader
- Ensure that theatre and bed linen is clean, pressed and available at all times.
- Keeps the kitchen clean and neatly arranged ensuring that utensils and cutlery are accounted for and hygienically kept.
- Runs errands as requested by the Centre Manager, such as banking daily income and buying items from petty cash, and provides the required receipts.
- Support the Centre/ Outreach team members by assisting to sterilize equipment and assist in the procedures as requested by service provider
To abide by all policies and procedure in the performance of duties
- Maintains work operations by following standard operating procedures and policies.
- Protects organization’s values by keeping patient information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities which include attending CMEs
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records as required
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum ‘O’ Level qualification
- Tertiary qualification in business studies, nurse aide, customer care, front office management, or similar will be an added advantage
- Minimum 1 year post training working experience.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15th May, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement