International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Vacancy: Sanitation & Construction Supervisor – Kakuma
Sector: Supply Chain
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities: The Sanitation and Construction Supervisor will be responsible for all the Sanitation and civil engineering activities in the IRC Kakuma Program.
He is responsible for construction of new and maintenance of all existing IRC buildings in Kakuma and supervision of new constructions in all sites in Kakuma.
Over all Responsibilities
The Sanitation and Construction Supervisor will work directly with the Health Team Leader and staff at facilities to ensure the quality, cost effective and sustainable delivery civil engineering activities through the supervision of technicians / contractors ensuring that the rehabilitation and construction works are carried out to an appropriate standard and ensure proper operation and maintenance systems are established.
The Sanitation and Construction Supervisor will report to the Senior Field Coordinator whilst keeping the Health Team Leader updated.
- Oversee all construction works to ensure proper engineering is applied and complied with.
- Verify designs and strategy for all construction works related to IRC programs.
- Oversee and supervise all construction activities for IRC Kakuma
- Ensure program construction materials as per the required specifications are received on site, kept safely and keeping track of the same at all time.
- Monitor contractors executing works on IRC’s behalf including assessing whether their output is on schedule and of high quality, meeting all accepted technical standards.
- Keeping track and maintain of all IRC construction tools and equipment.
- Supervise and evaluate staff working under construction through delegation and monitoring
- Develop contracts for construction works and oversight of all sub-contractors;
- Verification of BoQ’s for all IRC construction works and lead on the development of innovative, appropriate and cost effective designs for the structures.
- Develop and support implementation of detailed work plan for all construction projects.
- Support the procurement and use of quality materials and verification upon delivery.
- Work with the health Team Leader to make assessments of the IRC facilities sanitation systems
- Prepare construction tracking tool and monitor project progress and prepare consolidated reports on a monthly basis.
- Inspect and sign off all completed construction projects in the site.
- Provide technical input on construction projects during proposal and budget development.
- Oversee and supervise all construction activities for IRC in Kakuma
- Participate in identifying the right contractors for construction work.
- Review contractors performance as per contracts awarded by IRC
- Keeping track of all IRC tools and equipment.
- Supervising of all incentive staff (maintenance team) and casuals working under him at any given time
- Assist in preparing bills of quantity for maintenance repairs and constructions
- Assist in sketching/drawing and designing of new structures
- Assist in identifying and procurement of construction materials
- Making sure that programs construction materials are received on site, kept safely and maintain track of the same at all times
- Supervise the constructions, maintenance and repair works around IRC facilities in the field
- Supervise contractors on site and report on progress frequently
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on repairs and constructions to the Supply Chain Manager
- Undertake any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline for receiving applications is 24th May, 2017
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.