International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Vacancy: Advisor, Supply Chain Learning and Development
Sector: Supply Chain
Location: Horn and East Africa Regional Positions
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Background / IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview / Summary: The Advisor, Learning and Development develops the global vision for supply chain staff across IRC.
This role is responsible for mapping learning requirements, developing training best practices including train-the trainer models, and developing support tools in the form of SOPs, computer based training modules and job aids for supply chain staff to successfully accomplish their roles.
This person leads the design of change management to ensure successful adoption of global initiatives and monitors the implementation and ongoing successful use of systems, processes, and tools across IRC and establishes follow-up mechanisms.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Chief Global Supply Chain Officer
Position directly supervises: n/a
Indirect Reporting: n/a
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regional Supply Chain Directors, Global Procurement team, Country supply chain staff, HR, IPD leadership
External: 3rd party institutional learning partners
- Minimum 10 years of progressive Supply Chain process development, organizational training development experience, and change management leadership.
- Proficient at documenting process maps and developing SOPs
- Knowledge of the principles of organizational development and adult learning and education.
- Ability to function as a coach at all levels of Global Supply Chain
- Ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives, solid understanding of change management practices
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organizational structure
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in French and Arabic is a plus.
Working Environment: Standard office work environment. Ability to travel to all countries IRC operates, expected to be 15% or less
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.