Duma works is recruiting an IT Analyst & Engineer for one of our clients in Nairobi.
Position: Programmer Analyst, Assets and Utility
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Description: As a programmer analyst for our facility management team you will be focusing on the programming, design and functioning of the databases, analytics, reporting, and troubleshooting system that informs our strategic and operational decision making for our cloud based platform for small & medium enterprise management, system design, tariff models, asset and maintenance management solutions.
The programmer analyst will also be responsible for maintaining and improving internal database systems used to track payments, usage, consumers, maintenance and enterprise sites.
The programmer analyst will work closely with, and report to, the Development Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
A more complete, but by no means exhaustive, list of responsibilities is provided below:
- Should have excellent programming skills.
- Data gathering and analysis on the performance of the company’s operational enterprise management – utility management
- Maintaining and improving databases entities within the site. We will migrate our data to a more robust, server-hosted system in the cloud.
- Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
- Incorporating GIS data and other data sets to improve our site selection and identification process. This includes building any relevant tools that field teams need to ensure that data is recorded accurately and efficiently and field teams have access to the needed data around sites and customers while in the field.
- Knowledge of user Interface design that is in sync with the back-end.
- Database design and development, MySQL, Postgre SQL, GeoServer, BIM Server, applying third party upgrades to existing databases. Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases (i.e. MYSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
- Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions. Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be asked of you – we are looking for a dynamic individual that is willing to help out wherever is needed in a fast-paced growing company.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ work experience
- Advanced proficiency in database design and use of open source applications
- Experience in database design and management, particularly with MySQL, Postgre SQL or other database software systems
- Organization and attention to detail in all work, being a data perfectionist is a good thing!
- Fluent both in written and oral communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in programming, with exceptional Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills
- Intelligent and eager to learn
- Hardworking and honest with strong integrity
- Flexible and eager to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2833”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2833 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 02 June 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.