Job Title: Journalist Writer Intern
Function / Department: Editorial
Reporting to: Head of Content
Direct Reports: N/A
Targets and Responsibilities
- Ensuring timely processing of news material;
- Coordinating coverage of current affairs on a day-to-day basis;
- Rewriting articles and developing content ideas as per the target audience of the website;
- Meeting editorial standards of the new-look P live guidelines
- Verifying facts and accuracy of all news reports before they are published;
- Rewriting and editing copy to ensure it is readable and appeals to the target audience;
- Ensuring articles have catchy headlines and appropriate photos or illustrations;
- Utilizing news sources like press releases, radio, television and web reports to generate articles;
- Checking content for plagiarism and authenticity
Skills and Attributes
- Attention to detail
- Good at research
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
Key Relationships: P Live teams
How to Apply
The candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the vacancy as the subject of the email.
Any application that will lack the job vacancy title will not be considered.
Deadline is 9th May 2017.