Job Vacancy: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer –Mombasa
KANCO is regional membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya.
It is also accredited as a Linking Organization with the International HIV & AIDS Alliance.
Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS and TB at the community level.
Guided by the vision of healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the region.
KANCO is recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer based in Mombasa.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will monitor projects implementation, coordinate timely submission of reports and tracking the progress of activities, proper data collection, data verification and audits and storage; and ensure timely feedback to enhance data quality and reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring project implementation to ensure timely and quality implementation of projects visàvis approved work plans, targets and contracts.
- Facilitating technical support on program and M&E initiatives in the grant including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, proper data collection,
data verification and audits and storage; and ensure timely feedback to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Coordinating with the Monitoring and evaluation manager to ensure timely submission of reports, regular review and verification of the reports and timely feedback to the SubRecipients on reporting including timeliness, correctness, and availability of all required supporting documents and the overall implementation of the agreed work plans.
- Supporting in data review, processing, including data transfer, entry, verification and cleaning; and ensure forms are filled according to compliance protocols.
- Facilitating data quality audits to ensure the quality of data collected by the project and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Reviewing and analyzing weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Archiving reports and all programmatic documents, both hard copies and soft copies in the region.
- Following up with the region on key action points, process indicators and output indicators.
- Documenting of lessons learned and best practices of key interventions implemented.
- Providing M&E related support to the GF staff and other programmes in the Region