KCB Group Limited
KCB Bank South Sudan
Head of Finance
The Position: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Finance KCB Bank South Sudan will provide overall management of the Finance function; preparation of Bank’s Strategic and Financial plans; provide financial reports including statutory reporting.
The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring submission of tax returns to relevant Regulatory Authorities and coordinate Audit including Central Bank Inspection ensuring compliance to IFRS, set Prudential guidelines and Financial principles.
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial reports for internal and external users.
- Preparation of statutory reports for submission to the Central Bank.
- Ensure compliance to International Financial Reporting Standards, prudential guidelines, country laws and regulations.
- Coordinate all audits of the bank including- internal audit, external audit, Central Bank inspection, and Taxation audits.
- Timely payment of Taxes and submission of returns as outlined in the South Sudan Taxation Act.
- Preparation of reports requested by management from time to time for decision making.
- Financial controls through regular monitoring of spend against approved budget.
- Prepare the quarterly financial reports for consolidation with the Group.
- Preparation of the Bank’s strategic and financial plan.
- Overseeing procurement process as per laid down policy; participate in other Management Committees such as EXCOM, ALCO, Credit, Risk, IT Steering Committees.
- Manage the general ledger and monitor reconciliations including the Bank’s financial performance.
- Monitoring of costs against approved budgets.
- Overseeing payment of Bank obligations, ensure authorization and validation of all invoices.
- Provide MIS to EXCOM and Branches for decision making.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree in a Business related area from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in CPA/ACCA or an equivalent is a requirement. Master’s degree in Finance or a Business related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ Banking experience of which one must have had 4 years’ experience in Senior management role within the Finance Function.
- Sound experience in Financial and Management reporting in accordance with IFRS/IAS.
- A good understanding of market & operational risk should be demonstrated.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; must also have strong attention to detail.
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing high performance.
- Ability to work closely with various Business Units whilst retaining independence
The above positions are demanding roles which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received May 19, 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable