Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA)
Vacancy: Fund Development Officer
The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Fund Development Officer who will be reporting to Finance and Investments Manager, Kenya Girl Guides Association.
- To strategically plan for, develop and implement a fund development programme that will ensure KGGA is able to deliver all planned activities. This will include developing a three to five year growth strategy, annual plans and setting appropriate and realistic annual fundraising targets and budgets.
- To be responsible for developing and retaining relationships with major donor/partners and to maximize donor engagement through effective donor care
- To provide leadership and direction to staff and volunteers so they are timely and creative in their response to opportunities which arise with major donors.
- To create opportunities for the members of the Board and the Interim Manager to develop strategic partnerships that will strengthen funding and programme opportunities.
- As requested by the Finance Manager/Chief Executive Officer, represent KGGA in meetings with potential sponsors, donors and Donors.
- Act as a resource to senior management, County Commissioners and members across the country on matters relating to fund development.
- Monitor fund development policies and procedures to ensure the best and most efficient use of the organization’s resources.
- To implement, an effective communications plan to ensure that Board members, Staff and volunteers are kept informed of fundraising activities and to market fundraising activities internally and externally through an ongoing programme of newsworthy fundraising related articles and other communication opportunities.
- To keep fully abreast of developments in fundraising and the activities of other organizations, to identify market gaps and new opportunities and to support improvements.
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
To be agreed with Line Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 3 years experience in related field or equivalent knowledge.
- Successful track record of setting and meeting challenging income generation targets from a wide range of fundraising activities including corporate, individual giving, foundations, international fundraising bodies,
- Donor organizations, statutory sources and the public
- Experience in influencing key stakeholders and decision makers with experience of forming, maintaining and developing relationships with a wide range of people
- Understanding and experience of significant financial and budgetary responsibility and managing accounting systems and procedures
- Excellent communication skills to present ideas in a convincing manner
- Understanding of the Girl Guide Movement.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th May 2017.
Indicate Fund Development Officer in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.