The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya. KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Programme and Training Manager who will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Job Objectives: To apply expert knowledge of girls, girl issues, the Girl Guiding Experience, and the National Guiding Programmes to support volunteers and partners in delivering high-quality programme experiences to a growing number and diversity of girls.
The Programme Manager will also be responsible to assist in researching and communicating potential funding sources for programme support.
- Responsible for Nation-wide and area programme events and Girl Guide program events that cannot be provided at local and regional level.
- Develop programme, leader support and training, programme opportunity participation and membership goals with the rest of the team under direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Implement, monitor and report outcome measurements for all programmes.
- Generate and submit regular stakeholder reports in collaboration with the Finance team
- Develop and mainstream M&E and quality management system in collaboration with the Finance team
- Recruit, select, place, train, supervise, and evaluate qualified programme delivery volunteers to carry out programme implementation and develop new programmes based on needs of girls and guide leaders and National programme priorities.
- Develop girl and adult membership through programme events, recruitment activities, and support of other mission delivery strategies.
- Provide support and guidance to Trainers as they train new leaders.
- Develop resource materials that help volunteers deliver quality program at the unit level.
- Ensure the voice of the Girls is heard on issues they care about and provide support to empower them to change the world around them for the better
- Support the development of a platform to empower girls and young women in Kenya to speak out and influence issues they care about enabling them build a better world while at the same being the voice of the girls and young women
- Ensure high quality implementation of the Girl Guide Leadership Programme by collaborating with Volunteers to ensure that they understand the benefits of Guiding and know how to deliver the guiding programme.
- Design innovative approaches in the area of program delivery and identify the need for additional National support.
- Develop and manage budgets in collaboration with the Finance team to support programme delivery.
- Market programme opportunities and information through the National Council and external publications/methods.
- Collaborate with the fund development team to develop and implement fund raising strategies to support programme projects.
- Ensure that all Programme operations are carried out in compliance with county, regional and National regulations and laws.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with donors, members, volunteers, staff and community contacts.
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years experience in related field.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Girl Guiding.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce results.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to email@example.com by 28th May 2017.
Indicate Programme and Training Manager in the Subject Line. Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.