Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Assistant Legal Officer
Location: Head Office
Division / Department: Claims (Legal)
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Legal Officer
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible for controlling matters under litigation with external lawyers, all legal cases under their services, and out of court settlements and/or recoveries in liaison with the Senior Legal Officer.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in appointment of defence lawyers where action is brought against the company and ensure at all times the advocates work in the best interest of the Company.
- Assist in recovery of company outlay from negligent third parties.
- Assist in negotiating amicably, out of court settlements.
- Review investigation reports, to ensure that they are comprehensive enough to meet the need for which they were sought, and recommend remedial action as necessary
- Assist in processing of payments to claimants and service providers
- Assist in legal research and preparing legal opinions to both external and internal clients.
- With the assistance of Senior legal officer, respond to any correspondence and/or enquiries regarding claims legal issues.
- Maintain adequate reserves for legal claims.
- Prepare legal documents as required.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Law degree
- Legal Diploma Graduate
- Cumulative 1 Year Work Experience in the Legal Field
- Awaiting/ Admitted to the Bar as an advocate of the High Court
- Excellent Verbal and written communication
- Legal Knowledge
- Insurance products and services
- Insurance principles and practice
- Claims management/handling
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE to apply online on or before Wednesday 17th May, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”