KWAL is looking for well-organized and highly motivated individuals who are result – oriented to fill the following position:
Job Title: Fitter
Function / Division: Supply Chain
Department: Plant Operations
Supervisor / Manager Title: Mechanical Technician
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Mechanical Technician, the Fitter will be responsible for maintaining all equipment, optimize availability of equipment and give assistance with the co-ordination of line activities to meet the production plan.
The job holder will be responsible for maintaining all equipment, optimize availability of equipment and give assistance with the co-ordination of line activities to meet the production plan.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform all mechanical repairs as required to ensure the plant is operating optimally.
- Record and provide feedback on the causes and corrective action for all breakdown including analysing and interpreting the breakdown trends.
- Ensure that all specified preventive maintenance tasks are performed, including cleaning, inspections, lubrication and scheduled maintenance.
- Give feedback regarding the effectiveness of the preventive maintenance program in order to improve the effectiveness.
- Identify, communicate all risks and implement measures to prevent injuries and ensure the health and safety of employees by conducting hazard analysis on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for correct completion of job cards and daily shift report.
- Conduct regular (scheduled and un-scheduled) inspection of all equipment and initiate work orders if necessary.
- Conduct repair and maintenance involving tic welding and arc welding stainless steel.
- A qualified Mechanical artisan (Grade 2).
- At least two (2) year experience in equipment maintenance within a manufacturing organisation (Bottling preferable).
Competencies / Attributes
- Technical knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in carrying out routine fixes and maintenance.
- Ability to do manual work over a long period of time.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- High level of Integrity.