Job Vacancy: General Manager
Job Ref: LV/GM/1
About our client: Our client runs a beautiful lodge in the Maasai Mara.
They are looking for a General Manager to help them in running of the lodge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and hosting of guests
- Management of guest experiences including kids’ activities
- Daily lodge reconciliations
- Completing of month end duties-stock controls reports
- Assisting in supervision of all departments
- Management of maintenance issues
- Guiding as required, including guide training
- Drive community development projects in conjunction with the conservancy
- To ensure the efficient management of the lodge and all its departments there in
- To ensure that lodges contributes and complies with the agreed budget
- To provide effective leadership through professional management and encouragement of subordinates
- To carry out regular meaningful performance appraisals conducted in such a manner that is effective and open two way communication is maintained
- To follow up and ensure that the agreed action and development plans identified at these appraisals are being effected
- To carry out monthly performance reviews, coach and direct activities to achieve desired performance
- To ensure that subordinates are totally conversant with and implanting all company policies and procedures
- To review and analyse monthly results, highlight problem areas and take appropriate action to rectify poor performance
- To ensure that all financial targets are being achieved, e.g. through up selling, purchase discounts and better cost management
- To compile and agree meaningful, achievable budgets through accurate research and application of in-depth knowledge of the industry
- To make recommendations for training for subordinate staff, basing these recommendation on objective performance reviews and market-related equivalent positions
- To ensure that complaints or problems are actioned without delay and that effective follow up action takes place to avoid a recurrence
- To ensure that the company’s training objectives are achieved
- To develop suitable and comprehensive back up procedures and systems to deal with any contingencies that may arise at the lodge
- To attend all company social and promotional functions, maintaining a high profile with current and prospective clients
- In addition to the above, the Assistant General Manager maybe given such other duties, as management may deem necessary
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Possess strong assessment and decision making skills; outstanding ability to influence and build relationships both within the unit and with external sources
- Expert level ability in identifying and resolving problems in a timely effective manner
- Ability to develop others
- Must have at least 5 years of experience
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Must own a license to carry a firearm and basic bush knowledge
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted