Job Title: HR Manager
Job Location: Nairobi
Salary: KES 100,000 – 150,000 gross plus benefits
Our client is one of the biggest and most reliable corrugated box manufacturing plants in Kenya.
The company has recently opened a new unit which will increase the staff capacity to 300 employees.
They seek to hire a HR Manager to handle a variety of strategic, administrative and personnel related duties including coordinating HR policies, putting controls in place and trade union negotiations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up the HR department for the new unit from scratch.
- Act as first level of escalation for any HR aspects for the business.
- Provide professional advice and guidance on HR strategies, policies and procedures
- Performance management i.e. evaluates employees’ reports, decisions and results in relation to established goals.
- Work closely with the trade union to negotiate cases and ensure that complaints and grievance procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for day to day planning and coordination of the human resources operations for the two units.
- In consultation with other managers anticipate future staffing requirements in line with strategic plans and handle the end to end recruitment process.
- Supporting the senior management team to realize the strategic goals and company objectives.
- Compiling and update employee records (hard and soft copies) including the HRIS system.
- Ensure 100% accuracy and processing at all times of all relevant documentation in accordance with Kenyan labor law (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc).
- Monitor and track compliance with contracts, including labor, service and product providers, and any other HR related agreements.
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes under guidance and supervision
- Prepare administrative budgets
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Provide advice to staff on employment relations issues, rules, and regulations and resolving the issues in a satisfactory manner.
- Efficiently manage day to day relationships with suppliers and business partners.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc) to the finance team
- Manage the performance review and ,measurement for all the roles in the company
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Manage the Exits of the employees in the company- undertake the exit interviews, evaluate them to void loosing talent, calculate attrition and prepare quarterly reports on the same
- Manage the compensation and benefits for the employees- design the salary structure, provide inputs in salary reviews compare with industry standards
- Manage the training and development function for the company- co-ordinate the external and internal training sessions for the employees.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- A Degree / Higher Diploma ( KNEC) in Human Resource Management
- At least 5 – 7years of experience as a Human Resource manager or officer with hands on knowledge in handling HR duties.
- Strong HR strategic experience in developing, planning, implementing, budgeting and controlling key HR functions.
- Expertise in setting up a HR department in a unit or an organization will be an added advantage.
- A background in manufacturing is preferred.
- Must have prior experience with trade union management.
- Strong and firm understanding of the Employment and Labour Laws.
- Must be a member of IHRM.
- HRMIS practical knowledge and Payroll knowledge and processing will be an added advantage
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and report writing skills.
- High initiative and ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member, ability to manage employees and ensure good relations with the management.
How to Apply
If you meet and/or possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your cover letter and CV only quoting the respective job title (Manufacturing HR Manager) on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 17th May 2017.
Kindly indicate current and expected gross salary on your cover letter.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.