Meridian Health Group is one of the largest and fastest growing conglomerates in the Kenyan medical industry covering the full spectrum of healthcare services.
The group has an expansive portfolio that includes hospitals and clinics, pharmacies, diagnostic centres, healthcare management and healthcare support systems across East Africa with a large concentration being in Kenya.
The group seeks to recruit a competent and qualified individual in the following capacity:
Duty Station: Mombasa
Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the Clinical Officer’s main purpose will be to ensure proper management of activities and staff to enable holistic care to both clients and staff at the branch.
S/he will also deputize the Nurse Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to patients.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment for the clients to reduce morbidity, mortality and increase longevity of the patients’ life.
- Perform minor surgical operations.
- In collaboration with the team receive and attend to patients who require emergency services
- Ensure the clinic treatment rooms are well equipped at all times.
- Ensure excellent standards and quality of clinical and Home based Care services.
- Ensure that patient data/ information are handled confidentially at all times.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- Participate in the community out-reach programs home based care
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure proper and cost effective use of resources.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Give treatment while ensuring that established treatment protocols and treatment process as well as dispensing of drugs are carried out efficiently.
- Maintain confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of patients.
- Ensure accurate and secure documentation of activities is kept
- Maintain adequate supplies drugs at all times.
- Maintain up-to-date patient records at the clinic.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Academic: O-levels/A-Levels
- Professional: Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and Community Health from Recognized institution.
- Be a registered member of the Clinical Officers Council.
- Possess a valid practicing license from the Clinical Officers’ Council.
- Experience: At least 3 years relevant post internship experience in a similar position
Work Related Skills and Personal Attributes
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a great teammate and go above and beyond
- Accurately enter data
- Supervision skills
- Effective Environment
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Kind and compassionate
- Team Player
- Time Management
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your current and detailed CV, copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials, details of day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names and full contacts of three (3) professional referees not later than Thursday, 25th May, 2017 Close of Business to:
The Human Resource Manager
Meridian Health Group
P.O. Box 50443 – 00200,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.