A Multinational NGO dealing with education and child protection projects is looking for a Director of Operations.
The person will lead, manage, and develop a team of functional experts, including Finance, Grants, Administration, Procurement & Logistics, ICT, and Security.
The position ensures that team members have the right skills in all aspects of operations and that senior staff are continuously mentored to provide transparent and accountable services in line with the organizations policies and laws of Kenya.
- Member of the Country Management Team and is expected to contribute to Plan’s strategic direction in the country.
- Manages the Finance Manager, Logistics and Administration Manager, IT Manager, Safety and Security Advisor, Grants Manager and the Operations Manager. S/he provides support to the CD in legal and risk management.
- Management of financial and operational risks associated with program delivery, grants and in country operations.
- S/he is also responsible for providing updates on annual operating budgets, budget forecasting and analysis, legal compliance, all aspects of procurement and fleet management, and security.
- Ensuring all departmental KPI’s for Finance, Logistics and Administration, IT, Grants and Safety and Security are developed and met and measurements are in place to ensure seamless synergies and processes with all other departments.
- Oversees the preparation, consolidation, and analysis of collated country and PUs budgets for submission to the regional office as well as final sign-off on all project budgets and contracts.
- Approve contracts, grants, leases, disbursements, and transfers to third parties up to a specified amount upon delegation.
- Must have an advanced degree in Accounting/ or Finance, Business Administration or related field. (Required)
- Membership in an internationally recognized professional accounting body such CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA (Required)
- 10 years’ experience working areas of programme support, and management, including up to five years in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of key donor reporting requirements for large grants and contracts, and other International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) (Required)
- Proven record of management of complex multi-donor large scale annual budgets
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in management of supply chain, fleet management, and overall logistics including IT
- Good knowledge security management.
- Excellent skills in risk management and demonstrated ability of managing audits
- Good understanding of child rights and child protection issues
- Proven understanding of multi-sectoral programming by international non-government agencies
- Sound experience of leading successful teams and demonstrating understanding of human dynamics associated with change.
- Knowledge of Kenya preferable and an understanding of factors affecting child-poverty as well as the political, social and economic opportunities for development.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews
Deadline: 26th May 2017.