National Bank of Kenya
Job Ref No: HR/027/17
Job Title: Manager, Compliance & Ethics
Available Positions: One (1)
Reporting to: Head of Compliance
Position Scope: The successful candidate will work in liaison with the Head of Compliance in planning, directing and coordinating activities of the Bank to ensure overall compliance with laws, regulatory and ethical and integrity standards.
- Develop and implement a risk-based compliance monitoring framework, capable of identifying, assessing and reporting all material compliance risks.
- Monitor and coordinate compliance activities of all departments within the Bank and ensure their procedures, internal systems and controls are up-to-date and properly documented.
- Maintain an updated understanding of relevant regulatory requirements by providing advice and guidance to senior managers on various current and emerging laws & regulatory requirements that impact on the banking business.
- Keep the business informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on the Banking processes.
- Develop an effective compliance training program for employees to create awareness on laws, regulations and ethical standards governing the banking industry.
- On an ongoing basis, identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, and develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on dealing with similar situations in the future.
- Respond to alleged violation of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating and recommending the initiation of appropriate investigative procedures.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Human Resources, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for further investigation and resolution, and consult with the legal department as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc data reports to regulators and other stakeholders as may be required.
- Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure they comply with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient interaction with regulators, ensuring the bank’s views are appropriately represented, and facilitate the supervisory activities of regulators.
- Identify, assess and report on the reputational risks facing the Bank through laid down procedures.
- Support in coordination and implementation of good ethical behavior in the way the Bank conducts its businesses and ensure adherence to best business practices.