National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: – Head SME Banking
Job Ref no. HR/029/2017
Available Positions: One (1)
Division: Retail Banking Division
Reporting to: Director Retail Banking
Position scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME Banking Department through balance sheet growth, Customer Acquisition, Customer retention, profit & loss targets in order to support achievement of overall business strategy; in a cost effective and high return manner.
The job holder will be involved in product development oversight aimed at sustaining the Bank’s competitive position within SME and Micro Baking Segments.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the SME Segment strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for the SME & Micro Banking through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers / suppliers / line manager / stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Segment.
- To drive customer-led propositions for the SME & Micro Banking Segment by developing a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers.
- Manage an effective SME customer’s loyalty program for networking and deepening of National Bank SME market penetration through the Mobile lending strategy.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the Bank.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Facilitate training programs to enhance product knowledge to the Retail Banking teams, branch staff and sales teams on SME and Micro Banking Products.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at SME & Micro Banking, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements whilst maintaining the quality of the SME portfolio within the stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing SME team.
Skills & Experience
- University Degree in a business related field. An advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional Product Development or Project Management Qualification.
- Minimum 8 years general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience in SME Sector 3 years of which must have been in a leadership position.
- Must have hands on experience in Credit Analysis & Administration, Sales, Relationship Management, Customer Service, commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at managerial level.
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years.
- A thorough knowledge of Small Medium Enterprise (SME) Products, Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- Membership of a Marketing professional body will be desirable.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent planning, Organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by 2nd June 2017
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.