Business Development Manager for Nemayian Holdings Limited
Background: Nemayian Holdings Ltd (Hereinafter known as the company) is a company limited by guarantee and is duly registered under the relevant laws of Kenya which has been in operation for 1 year.
The company which is situated in Nairobi is a going concern and carrying on a wide range of activities which are aimed at meeting the objects for which the company was established.
These include but are not limited to provision of transportation services, consultancy on event planning and management, marketing and promotional services, training and capacity building, to carry on the carry on the business of general provision merchants, and to buy, sell, manufacture and deal in goods, stores, consumable articles of all kinds both wholesale and retail and to transact every kind of agencies business.
The company board has approved the development of corporate business strategies and business plans to make investments for the purpose of increasing revenues and profits to the company over time.
In this regard the company board wishes to recruit a qualified business development manager, who will deliver on the company’s strategies and business plans and whose roles and responsibilities will be as follows;
BDM Roles and Responsibilities
1. Conduct market research to obtain information that will inform the company board’s decision on what products and services the company is in a unique position to profitably supply.
2. Based on market research conducted, develop in conjunction with the company board ,a 5 year strategic and business plan which articulates the investment and business development goals as and which focuses on, among other things, a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
3. Develop and Implement costed tactical plans and strategies that promote market opportunities of product outputs and services to ensure/maintain steady generation of profits from the
company in line with the investment and business development goals as set out in the Corporation’s Strategic Plan.
4. Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs and recommend for the approval of the company board, investments or business development projects and initiatives which the
company can engage in.
5. Based on market research, plan and prepare business presentations to pitch to prospective clients, negotiate and close business deals.
6. Create and utilize multiple communication streams (conventional and social media) to create awareness to external publics on the company’s products and services of the company business.
7. Advice the company board on hiring and management of staff who will be critical to the growth and delivery of the company’s goals.
8. Provide monthly management reports on the status and future outlook of existing investments and business developments held by the Company from time to time.
9. Any other role that the company board will deem fit to enable achievement of the company’s objectives.