Position: Human Resource Manager
Our client, a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa while combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable Maternity and Reproductive Health Services to low-income urban women are seeking to recruit Human Resource Manager.
Job Summary: At our client, people are the most valuable resource.
The HR Manager will play an important and exciting role in supporting, growing and shaping that resource into a highly effective and mission-focused workforce.
Under minimal supervision the HR Manager will be responsible for coordinating and performing a variety of technical, administrative and supervisory duties related to personnel operations, employment, employee relations, employee benefits and educational service functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a proactive role in understanding the organization’s HR needs, working diligently with department heads to recruit and induct new employee.
- Foster employee retention through the creation of a positive and engaging work environment, building relations with and between staff, promoting dialogue, addressing needs, and spearheading disciplinary action when needed.
- Initiate communication to our client’s staff regarding personnel policies, Hospital regulations, and benefits programmes.
- Administer performance evaluation program.
- Process payroll, incorporating statutory payments and staff benefits, and maintain all employee files.
- Understand the unique operating environment of a Hospital and provide counsel to the Executive Team on developing policies and procedures regarding employment issues within that context, including accreditation and licensing regulations.
- Submit regular reports to the Executive Team, tracking progress, analyzing trends and providing key insights into HR at the Hospital.
- Work with the Executive Team to develop and implement the organization’s HR strategy, including administrative direction for the development and delivery of education and training programs, employee recruitment, and budgetary considerations.
- Keep on the lookout for new and interesting ways of improving HR; this might include exploring different avenues for talent acquisition, piloting new tools to collect employee satisfaction data, recommending new systems for operational efficiency, or proposing creative team building events.
- Be the face of HR at the Hospital, representing the department at staff meetings and in any internal functions, as well as to external parties, whether partners, government officials, or visitors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to resolve conflict.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of legal and operational aspects of personnel administration and labor relations.
- Good at problem solving; able to find creative and pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to be responsive and to prioritize tasks in line with the changing needs of the organization.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel, as well as with HR Software.
- Passionate about fulfilling our client’s mission.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Business or Personnel Administration or related field, required; Masters’ Degree preferred
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management is added advantage
- A registered member of IHRM
- 5+ years HR management experience
- Previous health care management experience, preferred
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 15th May, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.
NB: Linkark Consultants Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.