Job Vacancy: Pharmaceutical Technologist
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women.
NRHS has several research projects related to HIV prevention and reproductive health.
It runs support groups for PLWHA and Key Populations, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention.
NRHS has several research studies within its clinics in Kisumu and is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position in the research laboratory.
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Technologist
Reporting To: Study Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ordering and dispensing pharmaceutical supplies and maintaining adequate stock levels
- Ordering of the drugs and making sure the supply is adequate
- Completion of the relevant pharmaceutical registers and tools
- Write and submit the relevant reports concerning pharmaceutical commodities utilized
- Counseling patients on proper drug usage and adherence
- Ensuring the general cleanliness of the pharmacy and the proper storage of the drugs
- Maintain the humidity and the temperature logs in the Pharmacy
- Liaise with study coordinator and clinicians to ensure the high levels of adherence to ART
- Undertaking any other assignments advised by the supervisors
- Assist in the development and implementation of SOPs
- Maintain highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism in the conduct of duties
Qualifications and competencies
- Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognised institution
- Valid registration by the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Valid practicing licence
- Good Clinical Practice certification
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in a busy clinical or research pharmacy with previous experience with dispensing of ART
- Professional certificate in commodity management and pharmacovigilance a plus
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate in English, Luo & Kiswahili
Applications should include:
- Cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications including the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
- Current CV
- Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Pharmaceutical Technologist” on the subject line on or before Friday 19th May 2017.