Duma works is hiring a Senior Developer (back end) for our client, Optimetriks.
Company Background: Optimetriks is a fast-growing start-up based in Eastern Africa. Our solutions enable companies and institutions operating in the region to get a better understanding of their market dynamics and a better control over their distribution networks through smarter field data.
We are looking for a NINJA Backend Developer to join our Team in Nairobi, on full time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Senior Back End Developer, you will:
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Work closely with our CTO and product manager in order to constantly improve our internal tools and apps.
- Make decisions on the tech stack the company is using
- Be a mentor for the junior developers in the firm
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a software developer at scale
- Have a very strong grasp of computer science concepts
- Be able to identify algorithmic bottlenecks and optimize accordingly
- Open-minded with nothing is impossible attitude
- Very eager to learn new things
- Experience with React.js
- Have experience with EcmaScript 6 (ES6)/ ESNext)
- Professional experience developing secure RESTful API with Express/ Koa
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases in NodeJS, Redis,
- You have experience working with Websockets
- Version control with Git
- It would be a plus if you have experience with:
- Continuous integration, AWS
- Micro services concept and architecture
- Experience working with Geospatial data
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2803”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2803 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 26 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.b