Duma Works is recruiting a Physical Education Teacher for one of our clients in Nairobi; a recognized international school.
Responsible for: Teaching and supporting all designated classes in PE and promoting a healthy lifestyle
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
- To encourage the development of the Cambridge IGCSE and A-level learner profile
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor if required.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To collaborate with staff to support and develop the Cambridge IGCSE and A-level.
- To promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle for students and staff at the Academy
- To organise PE / Sport workshops for staff and parents when appropriate.
- To undertake a designated programme of teaching across all year groups as required.
- Teach consistently high quality lessons
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in PE
- To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for the school assessment system.
- To complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students .
- Set expectations for staff and students in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of learning & teaching.
- Prioritize and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with the role.
- To follow the school policies and procedures.
- To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support where appropriate.
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
- Work with colleagues to develop activities that link with the units of inquiry where possible.
- Promote aspects of Personal Development related to PE
- Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of PE.
Assessment, Feedback and Tracking:
- To lead, monitor and evaluate the assessment and feedback to students in line with whole school and department policy
- To follow department monitoring and tracking systems relating to students attainment, progress and achievement
- Mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, curriculum areas and school procedures
- Assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required
- Complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students
- To follow department policy regarding department tracking of student progress and use information to inform learning and teaching
- To communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate
- Where appropriate, to communicate and cooperate with persons or bodies outside the school.
- To follow agreed policies for communications in the school
- To take part in activities such as Open Days, Parents’ Evenings , Sports days etc. Book sports facilities ( like swimming pools, fields, tennis courts) and carry out the necessary administration as required.
Previous experience on a similar role from a recognized international school preferred.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2827”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2827 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 02 June 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.