Our client, Powerhive East Africa Ltd is a technology venture that partners with utilities and independent power producers to provide access to productive, affordable, and reliable microgid electricity for millions of rural homes and business around the globe.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Director – Project Management Office, the Project Manager will responsible for overseeing the projects throughout their cycle by executing and evaluating projects according to the predetermined timelines and budgets.
He/she will also assist in project planning at the design stage.
- Reviewing project plans and specifications
- Ensuring adherence to established best practices from the Project Management Office
- Participating in the preparation of project budgets
- Setting and implementing strategies towards the successful completion of new and ongoing projects to be delivered on time, budget and on scope
- Monitoring project progress and site safety
- Implementing and executing tasks as defined in the project tasks
- Communicating with various levels of management regarding the status of specific projects
- Assisting in the management of the team through coaching and supervision
- Preparing reports on project status
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or any relevant field
- Training and certification in Project Management is necessary
- At least 5 years’ in project supervision, with at least 2 years’ in a Project Management role
- At least 2 years in Telco/power roll out works
- Proven problem solving skills with people management acumen
- Sound coordination and decision making skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th June 2017 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.