Duma works is recruiting an Assistant Chef for one of our esteemed clients: a leading Private Schools in Kenya.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgement and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgement, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Prepare relishes and hors d’oeuvres.
- Keep records and accounts.
- Plan menu items.
- 3+ years hot kitchen experience is mandatory
- Food Production training
- Diploma Level preferably Utalii or Top Chef
- Works experience in reputable establishments
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2664”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2664 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday 26th May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.