Job Title: Product Development Manager
Job Holder Reports To: Operations Manager / Factory Manager
Job Holder Is Responsible For: Further Processing Team
Overall Purpose of the Job: Products development, Product recipes & Quality, Production techniques, and Product production flows.
Key Result Areas (KRA’s):
- Managing the entire further processed product line life cycle from strategic planning to product reciping.
- Increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company
- Developing products for each market as requested by market demand.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan products.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
Specific duties & responsibilities
- As Product Development Manager, you will guide further processing team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit.
- You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
- Manage day-to-day progress of products.
- Provides expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Conduct marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, marketing and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Produce competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- You must enjoy spending time on the shop floor to understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- You must be able to communicate with staff in all areas of the company including shop floor staff, supervisors and line managers.
- You will work with the Factory Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Marketing and Sales team to define product release requirements.
- You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Implement KAIZEN Standards and Systems.
- You will adhere to the FSSC 22000, QSA and FSA requirements according to the company stipulations
- You will participate in any other duties that shall be reasonably assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualified persons to apply at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.