Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Purchasing Manager position for one of our clients in the hospitality industry.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for purchasing the products and services the hotel needs at the best price in the quality and quantity requested in a timely manner, to ensure the achievement of the hotel’s profitability objectives and satisfaction of internal and external customers.
Providing strategic direction and guidance to the General Manager in all areas of purchasing which includes the preparation of purchasing analysis reports as per the hotel’s standards so as to support operation and achieve goals.
Key Result Areas
- Plans, coordinates and monitors all activities related to the purchasing department such as the handling of the purchase requisitions, the purchasing of goods and services, the customs clearance and payment to our suppliers, whilst ensuring compliance with the purchasing policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of internal external customers.
- Supervises the work of direct employees
- Works with department heads in understanding and answering their needs so that the purchasing team can address them in a satisfactory manner and provide them with assistance and information concerning the status of their purchase orders, sourcing of items, etc
- Processes purchase requests by sourcing suppliers and obtaining three quotes wherever feasible on a timely basis and keep the department heads informed on their purchase.
- Follows up on the status of outstanding purchasing requests /orders and advises department heads concerned on alternative solutions.
- Oversees and monitors the administrative work related to the purchasing department such as the maintenance of a vendor lists and prices, a follow up system to track all requests, a report on claims for loss and damage.
- Checks all payment vouchers to ensure that all invoices are settled according to the confirmation with supplier against purchase requisition or orders.
- Maintains good relations with both local and international suppliers to ensure steady and uninterrupted supply of products and services to the hotel.
- Applies for all important permits and licenses if required to ensure that all oversees orders go through the legal procedures as stipulated in the regulations of the country.
- Keeps abreast of what is available on the local market by inquiring for prices, visiting market and suppliers and attending trade fairs.
- Coordinates with the cost control section the handling and distribution of goods of all items purchased.
- Maintains good relations with local officials, customs and tax agents to ensure smooth cooperation and to obtain updated information.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as attending meetings, preparing a monthly purchasing analysis report and other duties relevant to the job function.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within the hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Have a full working knowledge and ability to supervise, train, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks, in assigned place of work, accordingly to the standards as set.
- Train employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules and Regulations established in regards to the hotel policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To have a complete understanding of the Hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by the Management.