Exciting Career Opportunity at a Leading Restaurant
Our client, a prestigious chain of African restaurants that is recognized both locally and internationally seeks to recruit a talented, creative and result-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Unit Manager – Food and Beverage Department
Key responsibilities and duties are:
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it in order to ensure palatability and flavor conformity.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality and service.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Works to ensure proper co – ordination to ensure proper service delivery.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Staffing and tasking of the restaurant and kitchen staff.
- Arrange for restaurant and kitchen equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Take dining reservations.
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
Scope of Duties
- Co – ordinate all the departments within the food and beverage to ensure proper service delivery
- Staff evaluation, promotion and training
- Coordinate all kitchen and service staff to ensure proper service delivery
- Ensure quality control in the food and beverage service
- Plans all functions and events within the hotel
- Settle out guest complaints
- Ensure all costs within the department are kept low and ensures no waste in the kitchen and service department
- Schedule work amongst all direct reports
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management / Hospitality Management
- Or an Advanced certificate in food and beverage service and sales and a Three year working experience in the food and beverage department in a three or four star hotel
- Perfect knowledge of food and beverage products and their production and services
- Perfect computer knowledge and skills and able to operate various hotel software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Result driven and team player
- Good coordination skills
- Passion for customer service and staff motivation
- Time conscious and able to meet set deadlines
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Good conflict resolution and analytical skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in these opportunities, please submit your application with a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, reference letters and details of referees stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the field of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org