Duma Works is recruiting a Retail Supervisor for our client; a leading retailer of fine and varied range of premium and super premium wines, Champagnes, spirits, liqueurs and beers in Tanzania.
Job Purpose: To profitably grow liquor retail sales with both on-trade customers and consumers. Manage relationships with key customers and ensure that the highest standards of service and product merchandising are achieved.
Implementation of promotional plans and reporting of monthly sales activity
Main Internal Relationships:
- The company’s Tanzania sales function
- Finance dept.
- Local partners
Main External Relationships
- Retail & Trade customers
Key Position Accountabilities
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Ensure all employees prioritise customer needs and deal efficiently with customer queries. Receive orders, process them and advise accordingly and act as an interface with the customer and the internal sales team members. Raise invoices in AX.
- Build and cultivate key relationships with customers & provide a focus for customers and act as a point of contact to resolve queries and problems
- Ensure all employees order stock for the shop in line with customer demand and current promotions
- Communicate as appropriate with the Sales Manager to ensure that as far as possible the product range meets customer demand to ensure that all customer demands are met
- Adopt a creative approach to sales and encourage other team members to input and implement new ideas to develop sales. Tailor product displays and store layout to reflect customer demand and trading patterns and to meet promotional and contractual requirements
- Agree sales initiatives and store business development plan with the Sales Manager then communicate, implement and review the plan with the rest of the team
- Communicate shop sales targets to all employees and work with entire team to ensure these targets are met and Maintain and circulate the Daily Sales Report and relevant Key Performance Indicator’s to ensure consistency within the relevant departments.
- Coordinate with relevant functions such as Sales, Logistics, the company’s Dubai back office on a regular basis to ensure accurate and prompt information flow and that the Tanzania branch practices are in line with the overall strategy.
- Ensure the retail procedure is implemented to ensure compliance with regulations & SOP’s, including cash handling, reconciliation, banking, managing petty cash expenses, recording local purchases and handling payments from retail and trade customers.
- Checking received goods and periodic inventory counts to ensure that an accurate stock count is maintained at all times and minimise risk of theft or loss.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
- Cash handling and banking experience
- Commercially aware with basic management finance experience
- Experience of managing a team
- An understanding of analysing and compiling statistical and narrative reports.
- Sound knowledge of order processing activities
- Experience of customer service and professional telephone skills
- Computer literate in excel
- Experience ideally within the liquor industry, or FMCG or leisure related areas
- WSET Foundation or Intermediate certificate
- Local taxation structures
These are the competencies that the job holder will be evaluated on in accordance with the Performance Management processes:
- Customer Focus
- Knowledge and Skills
- Planning and Organising
- Analytical Thinking
Dimensions and Statistics
- Area(s) of Operation: Tanzania and Zanzibar
- Size of Team (Total Number of Employees): 5
- Direct Reports (Number): 1
- Indirect Reports (Number & Positions): 0
- Nature and Value of Financial Accountabilities: Cash handling
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2819”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2819 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 31 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.