Chief Executive Officer
Required by licensed Deposit Taking SACCO in Nairobi
Primary Responsibility: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be directly responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Sacco’s long and short term plans.
He/she will also responsible for the overall planning, administration, coordination and evaluation of all functions of the Sacco.
- Providing leadership in development and implementation of the strategic thrusts to enhance profitability and shareholder value
- Overseeing the implementation of all Sacco’s policies as delegated to by the Board of Directors.
- Provide leadership to all the Sacco’s internal management team and ensuring synergy among all the teams.
- Provide technical advice and operational feedback to the Board of Directors and sub-committees so as to assist them in the formulation and review of policies
- Provide leadership in mobilization and growth of savings and institutional capital.
- Ensure that plans, regulations, procedures, rules, manuals, programmes, systems, controls and structures are in place for the smooth running of operations and attainment of the Sacco’s objectives.
- Develop appropriate organizational structures for optimum utilization of Sacco’s resources.
- Ensure effective utilization of resources including Human Capital in order to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
- Ensure existence and compliance of proper framework to analyze business results with a view to reviewing various strategies and /or effective control measures.
- Ensure that proper lending procedures and prudent investment of surplus funds,
- Oversee compliance and to authorize all Sacco’s transactions in accordance with the Sacco By-Laws, regulations, rules and laws.
- Ensure the existence and compliance of an appropriate framework to safe guard Sacco’s resources and assets.
- Ensure sound financial management of the Sacco ensuring production of periodic financial statements and clean balance sheet.
- Custodian to all the Sacco’s classified and confidential documents and correspondences
- Ensure that the good image by embracing customer care practices when dealing with public and maintaining a proactive public relations policy
- University degree in Commerce, Economics or Business Administration a recognized university. Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in accounts preferably CPA be an added advantage
- At least Four (4) years practical experience in a busy deposit taking Sacco or any other financial institution, 2 years of these being in a senior management position.
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework of the Co-operative Sector.
- Strategic management, leadership, good analytical and reporting skills, high integrity and honesty.
- Should have: clearance certificate from the Kenya Anti-corruption Commission, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA, Certificate of Good Conduct, Clearance Certificates from HELB and CRB
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae and details of current remuneration package by 30th May, 2017 to email@example.com