Our client, a dynamic and progressive Deposit Taking SACCO in the outskirts of Nairobi wishes to recruit a competent individual to fill the position of Head of Finance
Primary Responsibility: Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Finance will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in financial affairs of the SACCO, ensure efficient use of financial resources in order for the SACCO to remain financially viable whilst meeting its strategic goals.
He/She will also advise and support management by enabling them to make sound business decisions.
- Day to day management of the Finance department as well as interfacing with other departments.
- Formulating strategies, policies and procedures to be used in the long-term financial plans of the SACCO as well as offer input into the overall SACCO strategy
- Developing management mechanisms in the finances department for purposes of minimizing financial risk
- Monitoring revenue and expenditures, making recommendations and overseeing the implementation of appropriate action plans to ensure sound financial management
- Prepare monthly financial management and SASRA reports and provide an interpretation of financial information to aid management decision making.
- Maintain strong internal processes and controls in order to provide timely, consistent and accurate financial treasury and management for effective decision making
- Coordinating the budgeting and planning process including forecasting.
- Monitoring cash flows and using the same to predict future financial trends
- Analyzing change and advise the SACCO Management Board on what needs to be done
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies as per the International Financial Accounting Standards (IFRS) and any other laws that may apply on regulatory requirements
- Preparation of annual financial statements and overseeing external audit process
- Maintain the SACCO assets register
- Managing the taxation affairs of the SACCO
- Managing the accounting and monitoring systems for the company’s finances
- Coach, supervise, appraise, train and develop staff in the finance department.
- Updating the firm regarding changes in legislation or regulations that may affect the firm’s business operation.
- University degree in a business related area from a recognized institution. Master’s degree in Finance or a Business related field is an added advantage.
- CPA (K) and member of ICPAK
- At least five years’ financial management experience at management level in a financial institution, preferably a deposit taking SACCO.
- Practical knowledge of accounting software, conversant with accounting regulations, good analytical skills and proficiency in all MS Office applications.
- Team player, excellent leadership, communication, decision making, inter-personal and organizational skills.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae and details of current remuneration package by 17th May, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.