Position: School Bus Driver
Reports to: Deputy Head teacher – Administration
Job Purpose: Responsible for safely transporting children to and from school and related events.
Picking up students at designated locations or private homes and dropping them off at school as well as returning them home from school.
- Pick up and drop off kids at designated locations along scheduled routes at the same time every day.
- Before stopping, operate stop sign and flashing lights on bus to alert traffic.
- Pick up students in the morning and return them home or to the designated bus stop in the evenings after schools.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
- Follow a planned route on a time schedule.
- Help disabled children get on and off the bus.
- Follow traffic laws and comply with all governing authorities
- Follow safety procedures to make sure they and all kids are safe
- Keep passengers and parents informed of possible delays.
- Carefully navigate roads and watch for mad, pothole, debris, or slippery spots.
- Report accidents immediately.
- Call police during an emergency.
- Work at school in other occupations, such as cleaners, kitchen assistants or mechanics between morning and evening trips.
- Drive students to field trips, sporting events, and other activities.
Minimum required qualifications & experience
- “O” Level certificate
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Valid driver’s license with minimum class BCE
- 3 years’ work experience as a school driver
- Being able to follow traffic rules.
Skills and Competencies
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Good communication skills.
- Being responsible and reliable.
- Being able to handle unexpected situations.
- Customer orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Time management
Performance Dimensions / Key Result Areas
- Timely transportation of pupils to and from assigned destinations
- 100% customer satisfaction rating; zero complains from customers on transport services
- Zero cases of unauthorized stop overs with or unauthorized passengers
- Timely maintenance and servicing of the vehicle
- Cleanliness of the vehicles
- Compliance with the law in terms of documentation, licensing and observance of traffic regulations
- Documentation of all transport transactions and details of the destination points
- Timely reporting of accidents, incidents and information relating to the vehicle
Please make your application through firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 25th May 2017.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.