PKF Eastern Africa seeks to recruit an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Consultant – Small and Medium Enterprises (SME).
The job holder will report to the Manager, PKF Consulting Ltd.
Working with the consultancy department staff the Consultant’s responsibilities will include:
I. Operational Roles and Responsibilities
a) Provide technical and administrative support for SME projects and consultancies
b) Coordinating field work for SME assignments with the Managers by developing project plans, fieldwork task schedules, scheduling and preparing for workshops and client interviews
c) Lead in the development and management of sustainable frameworks and structures for various projects within the client’s scope of work.
d) Providing input and technical SME support in assignments during all phases of the project
e) Preparing SME proposals for submissions and pursuing SME business development initiatives in collaboration with the Manager
f) Preparing presentations for existing or prospective SME clients together with the Manager or Director
g) Establish new client relations with possible customers to grow PKF SME client base.
h) Develop and maintain client relations with existing clients identifying areas for cross-selling PKF services.
i) Keep abreast of current SME practices in order to ensure quality services as per predefined PKF standards.
j) Conduct suitable research into practical issues as may be relevant to different clients.
k) Carry out product and service benchmarking for various small and medium enterprises.
l) Communicate new SME product and service opportunities, special developments, information of feedback gathered through research and field activity.
m) Track and monitor current market trends in SME Consulting and provide advice to the PKF management team as may be required.
n) Ensuring PKF’s work standards are adhered to in all assigned projects and deliverables
o) Coordinating, directing and overseeing SME work done by Consultants Analysts
p) Preparing and compiling reports for SME projects
q) Presenting client reports for SME projects
II. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Key Results Areas
The accountability areas are as follows:
- Effective execution of SME projects
- Submission of accurate, timely and relevant reports
- Continuous process improvement of services through efficient working
- Effective business development for SME related opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills Required
The job holder must possess the following skills:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a similar discipline;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years working in the SME sector. Consultancy experience will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the SME sector and regulatory requirements of the same.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working and collaborating with donors will be an added advantage
- Ability and interest to work with a diverse and multicultural team in a collaborative, respectful and culturally-appropriate manner;
- Should have high level of confidentiality/professionalism.
- Ability to develop conclusive evaluation tools
- Ability to gather and analyze information
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suites
- Attention to detail and the ability to work logically, consistently and accurately
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing, presentation skills and analytical skills.
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 June 2017.
Kindly quote the vacancy position on the subject of the email.