Job Vacancy: Senior Human Resources Officer
Company Background: Our Client is a fast expanding organization with revenues that are growing by 25% annually.
They currently employ approximately 2000 staff and they anticipate this number to increase by 25% annually over the next 3 to 5 years. Its employees are integral to the success of the business and are highly valued.
The company operates regionally in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda with plans to continue their expansion in the region.
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Supervises: Together with HRM, may direct the work of Human Resource Interns, Human Resource Assistants and Human Resource Officers
You will be an integral part of the HR team; under limited supervision you will have the responsibility for human resource administrative functions; ensure that all human resource policies, rules, regulations and laws are followed.
Your main objective as part of the HR team will be to ensure flawless running of the organization from the human capital perspective.
The HR team is required to ensure high levels of service and internal customer satisfaction while keeping operating costs within acceptable levels.
You will be part of the team to build and drive performance analytics and provide reports & insights.
You will research and explore new tactics to find innovate ways to ensure staff satisfaction.
- Works with the HRM to identify organization recruitment needs and works with heads of departments to coordinate recruitment efforts to ensure an adequate supply of candidates.
- In consultation with HRM works with the finance department to ensure that all staff are accurately paid and on a timely basis.
- Administers and implements the benefit programs and policies.
- Works with Human Resource Managers and Heads of Departments to (1) investigate and address incidences of substandard performance or employee misconduct, (2) implement employee orientation, training, and performance appraisal programs. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws regarding employee discipline, discharge and terms and conditions of employment.
- Work with the HRM, insurance company representatives and supervisors to manage organization’s workers’ compensation claims and ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and reporting requirements
- Together with the entire HR team, ensures that all HR practices are in compliance with the Company employee manual, policies and labor laws.
- Together with the entire HR team, works with supervisors and staff to maintain harmonious relationships at all levels and to build organization-wide understanding of and support for human resource management policies and programs.
- Maintains and utilizes human resources information systems so that information is readily available for management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Degree in HRM or Business Management or any other related field
- Higher diploma in HRM if the degree above is not in HRM
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, prioritize workload and work under pressure
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the management of HR functions
- Functional expertise in at least two HR functions
- Must be adept at interpersonal communications, risk communication, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- A commitment to high standards of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in HRM with at least 1 year in a supervisory position.
- Membership in IHRM will be an added advantage
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to email@example.com before 25th May 2017.