Duma works is recruiting a Finance Manager for one of its clients.
The client is a leading social care in East Africa that aims to set new standards for maternity care.
Job Summary: As a member of the Management team they will be responsible for leading the organization in developing financial and accounting strategy, policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements and financial controls, ongoing financial modeling, supply chain management and annual business plan.
They will be responsible for prudent financial and supply chain management ensuring effective and continuous improvement of financial and procurement control systems, procedure and policies of the Organization to achieve our goals and objectives.
They will also be required to ensure maintenance of accurate financial records, timely availability and reliability of financial information and reports, effective cost control and utilization of resources.
The work requirements and tasks will be guided by the Finance department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and policies which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS)
Financial Management & Reporting
- Responsible for leading the development and review of annual financial plans, budgets & targets with other departments, preparation of accurate monthly financial reports as well as oversee and be responsible for proper maintenance of all books of accounts
- Manage, review and ensure accuracy and approval of statutory returns for payroll, domestic taxes and other deductions
- Set up and continuously evaluate internal control systems in line with changing demands, and ensure they are appropriately designed to serve the best interest of the organization
- Evaluate audit findings, draw comparisons and analyse data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with organisation’s policies and government regulations
- Ensuring the asset register is continuous updated and that all assets are tagged
- Monitoring depreciation of assets and monitoring to ensure that this is in line with their expected useful life
Strategic Financial Guidance
- Provide business intelligence, analysis, and recommendations based on monthly management reports
- Responsible for financial modeling, pricing new services, evaluating cost-effectiveness, evaluating impact of strategic decisions on the company’s business model, and financial sustainability as we grow
- Evaluate investments for new clinics and scale-up models, for bringing new services to the market, and ensuring that our maternity revenues are growing fast enough to sustained and scale
- Strengthen technology systems and oversee implementation and deployment of enterprise software and technology to help our billing, point of sale, inventory management, and potentially ERP
Strengthen Financial Information Systems
Supply Chain Management
- Responsible for competitive acquisition of quality goods and services, proper dispatch, while ensuring cost control and good supplier relationship
- Develop, facilitate, implement, monitor and review procurement plans, inventory management and contract management
- Coordinate the internal monitoring and evaluation of supply chain function to ensure compliance with procurement laws, regulations, and practices
Team Development and Management
- Manage employee performance in your finance team e.g. Weekly/monthly continuous performance discussions and provision of feedback
- Develop the next leadership bench in your team through identifying and working with HR in developing your team’s talent potential e.g. coach, mentor and facilitate development of direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Full professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA-K or equivalent
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Over 5 years’ experience in financial strategic planning and budgeting
- A person with a proven track record & unquestionable integrity
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Excellent analytics and experience with financial statements, QuickBooks, and Excel
- Highly resourceful, independent, and self-starting
- Easy-going enough to work in a fluid start up environment in Nairobi
- Ability to communicate findings compellingly to colleagues and advisors
- Interest in global health
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2795”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2795 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 10 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.