Duma Works is recruiting a Solar Partner Relationship Manager for our client; a digital investment platform where people invest in solar energy projects in Africa.
The job holder will ensure that the company partners with high quality and bankable solar companies all over Sub-Saharan Africa.
You will support existing solar partners and make sure that investors are paid on time and in full as well as that the impact promised is delivered on the ground.
To keep developing the partner pipeline and its dealflow, you will do due diligence on new partners, assess the financial viability of a company, its sales capabilities, technology, scalability and management team by going through documentation submitted during the due diligence.
You will conduct field-trips to current and future solar partners and their customers
Working at here means that you work with people that are highly driven by our vision of a world where all people have access to clean energy.
All in the team are rockstars who love to take on new challenges.
They believe that transparency is key and want to enable people to be their best. Being proactive is in their DNA and they don’t wait for change to happen. They create change.
- Thrive in a goal-oriented environment
- Enjoy solving problems and love taking on challenges and finding creative solutions
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Enjoy working in an ever-changing job where responsibilities are not set in stone
- Bring experience in due diligence on companies in emerging markets
- Have 3+ years experience in relationship management or key account management experience
- Have the motivation to learn and desire to constantly improve processes
- Have experience in financial assessment of SMEs and/or projects
- Speak fluent English and know how to work with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint), Google Docs and Sheets, Email, CRM tools, etc.
- You speak Swahili fluently
- You have worked in with solar energy in emerging markets (non-technical)
- You have experience in structuring financial vehicles (SPVs, receivables finance, etc.)
- 6-month trial period during which the team fit will be determined
- Kick-off event 2-week training /workshops in the company’s HQ in Sweden
- Focus on East-Africa +potentially West Africa at a later stage
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2811”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2811 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 31 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.