Swissport Kenya Limited
Vacancy: Ramp Supervisor
Do you believe you have what it takes to lead a team in ensuring that an aircraft is turned around within tight turn-around times whilst maintaining high safety standards?
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the above position in our Ramp Department.
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring that on time performance is consistently achieved without compromising on safety and service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff engagement – provide direction and guidance to a team pre, during and post flight towards achieving on time performance.
- Team management and resource planning through effective duty allocations.
- Ensure safe and punctual flight operations within a shift.
- Ensure proper reporting of shift operations to the Ramp Manager.
- Monitor equipment cleanliness; report unserviceable GSE to the maintenance department, ensure daily inventory of equipment and fuelling activity is undertaken.
- In consultation with DMO Coordinate equipment hire-in in a timely and cost effective manner and ensure that
- Hire-in data is captured and updated in real-time.
- Facilitate hire-out of equipment and ensure that relevant forms are submitted to Finance for invoicing within set timelines.
- Monitor and ensure that subcontracted services at Ramp are provided in accordance to contractual agreements.
- Monitor the departmental KPI trend.
- Enforce set rules and regulation and ensure that all processes are in accordance to the written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that the required resource in terms of personnel and GSE is available and serviceable.
- Promote a safe and conducive working environment within the department.
Professional Qualification & Experience
- Education: KCSE Mean C+, computer proficiency and must possess clean and valid driving license (BCDE).
- Experience: At least 2 years in a busy operational environment, Aviation industry experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven track record in managing teams and planning resources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Application letter and CV should be forwarded via email: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com to:
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: May 26, 2017