Job Vacancy: Director, Gender Initiatives
TechnoServe Background: TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets.
With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Program Description: To facilitate equitable participation of and benefits to women affected by TechnoServe projects in East Africa during all phases of program design and execution.
Generally, the Director, Gender Initiatives will ensure high quality programming based on best practices in gender integration.
The Director, will also represent TechnoServe to key stakeholders and partners at policy formulation level in all countries in the region.
Position Description: Reporting to the Vice President — East Africa, the position’s key responsibilities and essential job functions will include the follow broad scope areas:
- Establishing an accessible foundation of knowledge and best practice resources in support of effective and consistent gender integration in all programs across East Africa region and to the wider TechnoServe globally.
- Improving the quality of gender integration activities in East Africa region, including technical support to program staff, staff capacity-building and direct management of gender integration activities as needed and/or gender-focused projects
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the organization’s performance and help to shape institutional thinking about gender both in East Africa region and wider TechnoServe globally.
- Provide technical leadership expertise in program design and proposal development for programs across the region ensuring gender is integrated in alignment with global TechnoServe strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership in the Global Gender Practice group for TechnoServe.