Job Title: Delivery Assistant / Delivery Driver at Twiga Foods
Are you a skilled driver with an interest in sales?
Do you take pride in maintaining the good condition of your vehicle and equipment?
Are you excited about making high quality produce easily accessible to vendors at a more reasonable cost?
Twiga Foods wants YOU.
Twiga is looking to hire Delivery Assistant(s) to support the growing demand of reaching more vendors and retail outlets within its distributor network.
The role will take full ownership for maintaining the delivery vehicle and supporting the Sales Representatives (SR) in their work.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Assistant to develop their sales ability while learning on the job.
The role offers candidates with a career path to grow into a Sales Representative.
Twiga provides a mobile-based supply of fresh fruit and vegetables service to vendors in urban African markets.
They provide a cashless B2B system to serve a distribution network with millions of small and medium size retail outlets, kiosks and market stalls.
Twiga’s goal is to make high quality produce easily accessible to vendors at a more reasonable cost.
- Drive the delivery vehicle to client drop offs, alongside the Sales Representative.
- Assist in loading and offloading the delivery vehicle at the depot and at the customer locations.
- Assist in capturing accurate information in the Data Management System (DMS)
- Drive with caution and being careful not to cause unnecessary mechanical damage to delivery vehicles.
- Carry out daily routine checks on delivery vehicles – Engine oil, Coolant, Tyre pressure, Lights and Indicators
- Take pride in keeping the vehicle clean and attend all scheduled vehicle inspections or health checks.
- Manage the vehicle’s fuel card. Routinely report on fuel use and mileage to supervisors.
- Manage any other assets (Weighing scales, phones) that you might come into contact with during the course of duty
- Engage with the Sales Representatives on most efficient routes for daily deliveries.
- Report any minor vehicle issues to the supervisory team for immediate corrective action.
- Grow sales skills by engaging with and learning from Sales Representatives with an aim to grow into the role over time.
Does this sound like you?
- Hold a valid driver’s license, preferably class BCE & motorcycle
- 2 – 5 years’ experience driving different classes of vehicle, such as vans, tuk-tuks, canters
- Have a Diploma in sales or other area of study – experience in sales a plus!
- High standard of personal integrity
- Able to do basic book-keeping and vehicle records management
- Have a certificate of good conduct
- Able to work long hours
- Experience delivering perishable FMCG goods within Nairobi a plus!
Please follow this link to apply: https://goo.gl/dGyVNf