Ugandan National Security Manager – Kampala, Uganda
Our client, a Multinational Coffee Merchant with a family tradition in commodities is looking to recruit a Security Manager.
The successful candidate MUST have an excellent background in implementing security, loss management and safety policies.
He/she must be willing to relocate to Kampala, Uganda and would be reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
- Administer systems & programs to reduce loss.
- Maintain inventory control & increase safety.
- Identify potential for loss and develop strategies to eliminate it.
- Assess & continuously enhance all physical security systems.
- Ensure proper deployment of loss prevention resources, such as staff and technology.
- Hire, supervise and optimize loss-prevention/security staff.
- Train loss prevention staff & operation managers on loss control.
- Closely supervise surveillance, detection, or criminal processing related to theft and criminal cases.
- Direct loss prevention audit programs including target warehouse audits, maintenance audits, safety audits, or CMA/SMA audits.
- Perform cash audits and deposit investigations to fully account for cash.
- Conduct Investigations and interviews related to losses and thefts.
- Monitor compliance to operational, safety, or inventory control procedures, including physical security standards, integrated with the company environmental and social management system.
- Maintain documentation of all loss prevention activity.
- Monitor and review paperwork procedures and systems to prevent error-related shortages.
- Provide recommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as workplace violence, protests, and demonstrations.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with federal, state, or local law enforcement agencies or members of the loss prevention community.
- Must have relevant working experience in Kampala, Uganda.
- Must be legally able to work in Uganda.
- Must have a bachelor degree in Business Administration/ Commerce.
- Candidates with a master’s degree will have an added advantage.
- Must be willing to live and work in Uganda.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Business and management principles including basic financial control.
- Assets and stock security and management.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes and court procedures is mandatory.
- Knowledge of operation and functionality of security systems is mandatory
- Knowledge of investigative, analytical techniques, procedures and requirements is mandatory.
- Analytical skills.
- Must be tech savvy.
Candidates with regional and international experience will have an added advantage.
Monthly gross salary: Generous compensation with excellent benefits
Deadline: 30th June 2017
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2qNAIs6
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***