Job Title: Underwriting Manager
Salary: KES 150,000 – 200,000 gross plus commissions
Our client is one of the leading licensed motor vehicle insurance providers in Kenya.
They seek to hire an underwriting Manager with experience in managing and running a department and supervising a team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To give competitive quotations and ensure follow up is done to close the business
- To oversee timely issuance of relevant documents; cover notes, certificates of motor insurance, policy documents etc
- To facilitate timely collections of premiums as per Company’s credit policy.
- Disseminate relevant product information to intermediaries and staff
- Ensure accuracy and correctness of policy documents including application of appropriate rates, insertion of relevant clauses, update of suitable terms & conditions and scrutiny of brokers’ slips and proposal forms
- Process, prepare and dispatch monthly pre renewals listing two months in advance and subsequent follow up of renewal of policies with service providers and direct clients
- Process renewals on confirmation of cover and sending out to clients renewal confirmations/Lien or Mortgage confirmations to the bank
- Attend to customers: personal visit, brokers visit, email, letters, phone, and handling technical enquiries from brokers and direct clients
- Process of endorsements additional/refund and timely dispatch
- Ensure that business acceptances and computations are in line with our reinsurance treaty arrangements and preparing appropriate supporting reinsurance documents
- Compute competitive quotations in line with our underwriting philosophy and discussing them with clients
- Prepare and submit of regular performance reports as required including daily update of Personal Work Management Tool.
- Ensure smooth running of branches.
- Compliance with IRA and legal statutory body requirements.
- Mentor, coach and guide line staff
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Developing among staff loyalty to the company personal integrity and adequate professional standards and a sense of satisfaction in the performance of their work.
- Ensure that vehicles insured by the company are subjected to the pre insurance valuations and those values / defects and /or any findings are communicated to policyholders /intermediaries on time.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably in finance, accounting, actuarial science, insurance
- Professional qualifications – Good progress in ACII or AIIK
- At least 3 years as an underwriter in a busy working environment or related field
- Attentive to details with Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and customer care skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the task and possess the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly send you CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 26th May 2017.
Kindly quote the Job title (Insurance Underwriting Manager) on the subject section and indicate your current /expected salary and notice period.
N.B: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.