Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Surveillance Technician – Nairobi
Employment Status / Type: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Maintenance Supervisor
Manages Others: NO
Titles & Number of Positions Managed: 2
Job Purpose / Summary: Maintenance technicians will be responsible for tasks related with plant network maintenance on both HFC and GPON networks, including preventive plant maintenance with necessary record keeping and location / repair of equipment / plant failures.
There will be some limited service work with customer maintenance calls.
- Must have a valid Motorbike driving license.
- Operates equipment such as hydraulic aerial lifts (buckets) and ladders
- Perform construction and maintenance works such as digging holes, placing poles, placing cable. Unreel, pull and string wire strand and cable from pole to pole, pole to buildings including associated equipment and hardware
- Repair or restore service during any outage while observing and respecting the SLAs, advising NOC on the causes of the outage and estimated times to repair including the possible solution.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on the network, including among others Coax and Optical Fiber cables installation, removal, lashing, HFC passive equipment installation/removal and repair, HFC active equipment installation, removal and repair
- Work with tools, equipment and cable that may be heavy which will have to be loaded and unloaded from company vehicle, moved or rearranged
- Perform preventive maintenance on forward and return path of Coax cable television distribution network, signal measuring on Coax and Optical Fiber networks, network patrol, network and equipment audit
- Track and repair signal interferences our signal leakages on the network in coordination with NOC teams
- Prepare and splice both coax and fiber optic cable
- Maintain cable system power supplies, including battery banks measurements and replacement
- Address maintenance tasks escalated from subscriber technical teams, including assessing and resolving signal level issues
- Produce and maintain all records related with assigned tasks
- Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations, etc. during field contacts.
- Keep track of all road construction and building constructions to avoid any damage on the network
- Carry out daily network surveillance of the network & identify areas of correction
- In case of any reported case, get to site as soon as possible. If possible, provide a temporary solution, inform relevant teams i.e. dispatch/supervisor, and provide solution to problem permanently.
- Keep track of all jobs done by contractors (civil works) & report on completion. Verify works done are according to Wananchi standards.
- Report any issues, problems or recommendations to the Maintenance Supervisor in order to maintain the integrity and performance of the service