Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Technical Network Designer
Position Reporting to: Head of Network Maintenance
Manages Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary:
- As a CAD or computer-aided design technician, you’ll use software to create design plans for buildings and machinery
- You will be required to plan and design of complex HFC/ fiber network infrastructure for areas in East Africa.
- You will be planning where fiber will be laid in the ground/aerial on poles taking into account any wayleave issues or obstructions that could prevent the smooth running of the installs.
- The HFC/FTTH Network Designer will provide advice and guidance to commercial and project teams to meet project requirements.
- You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy of asset information (planned fiber networks and plant protection information). You will ensure quality of captured as-built information
- Collect relevant data from the field using GIS maps
- Carry out make ready surveys for the HFC network and any other construction projects.
- Mapping out existing network whenever required.
- Updating all data collected from time to time or whenever necessary.
- Produce designs and handover info for surveyed areas
- Act as POC for all design activity for allocated tasks
- Liaise with all parties for handovers to ensure smooth transition of a project between the design and delivery phases
- Fully manage version control of design output documentation on the relevant file management systems shared with contractors ensuring that sensitive information is stored and dealt with in a diligent manner
- Collating and maintaining accurate costing sheets, bill of quantities and bill of materials
- Production of straight line diagrams, splicing schedules and other design documents
- Interpreting output from mapping surveys then accurately utilizing these data sources in the design process in order to produce accurate designs
- Using other reference sources and datasets to ensure the final design mitigates all identifiable risks
- Highlights areas of potential cost savings by wayleave identification/land ownership and pass on information to required stakeholders in a timely manner
- Determine siting of new network elements, with consideration to engineering requirements, safety and permissions from necessary
- Scrutinize output from automated high level design and ensuring accuracy of final detailed design